Sunday 28 December 2014

189. the 10th birthday, lynch.


27th December is lynch.'s anniversary date, yesterday was their 10th birthday. For the first time, I had company to their show (other than my sister). I met up with Anzu, Laura introduced us, at Shinkiba Station and we walked to Studio Coast following the group of people dressed in all black in front of us, haha.

Even though I have seen lynch. so many times, this was my 11th time, they never fail to make me feel so excited each time I'm go to see them. I was especially excited for this show since it's their 10th anniversary special, I had a feeling they would play rare songs. Also - anytime  I can headbang to INVINCIBLE or pulse_ is a win for me.

They started playing at about 5.40pm and opened to my surprise, LAST NITE.  I've never seen them play it before and was so happy. They played behind a sheer curtain for LAST NITE,  I think to ~feel~ the song, the next song was I'm sick, b'cuz luv u. This part the curtains already dropped and I was glad they were playing their usual fast songs because the last time I saw them in Osaka they didn't (but that was a nice change). Followed by GREED, -273.14 C and DEVIL. The effects for today were exceptionally pretty and well thought out because the backdrop videos playing really suited all the songs. For DEVIL, they played their music video! It definitely had more impact.

The next couple of songs were my least favorite actually. I never enjoyed them playing a couple of songs all the time and they chose to lump my least favorite songs today, but I most certainly enjoyed the next couple of songs because they were all my favorite slow songs.

They started their slow part of the show with BALLAD (!!!!), they have not played it since The Fatal Experience #3 -Final Hour Has Come- and that was last year, when I saw them for the first time. After that was MAZE (!!!!!),  I missed the last time they played it with a joint show with BORN because I couldn't get tickets, it sold out so fast and was so freakin' bummed about them playing it, they hardly ever play it. So I was so freakin' happy they did.

I really love the effects for MAZE because it was just simple with a couple of fire stands (what do you call it?) behind them burning. So so so happy. an illusion followed and you know, it's my favorite song. I didn't expect them to play it but they have been playing it a lot this year. UNTIL I DIE was next, and I just laughed to myself on how fitting it is because I have those two songs tattooed on me. This band never fails to make me happy.

EVILLY was fun as usual, the background also played an important part for impact this time. They played some visuals but when it came to the chorus, there were actually lyrics on the screen.
EASY MUZIC, EASY SUICIDE, EVILLY MUZIC, EVILLY NEW LIFE
Definitely the most fun I have had with all the times I've seen them play this song. Next up was melt, oh melt, melt, melt. Such a dirty song. 

They had another section for slow songs this time, it was really surprising to hear so many slow songs played in one show. Though they are kind of my least favorite slow lynch. songs, it was nice listening to them live, definitely better. Hazuki's vocals always.

I really liked how they thought of their setlist because every song seemed to be well synced into each other, where you could blend in slowly. That's another thing I'll always love them for. AMBIVALENT IDEAL was the indicator that the speed of the following songs will be faster. Seriously, AMBIVALENT IDEAL is so good live, I always feel empty when I listen to the recorded version. 

I only started getting pumped up again when they played GALLOWS, INVINCIBLE and VANISH in a row. There was a little fireworks for GALLOWS, which actually gave me a shock haha. The next couple of songs were their usual stuff again and they closed to ADORE before the encores. 

MC was funny this time because each member got to talk and Hazuki was funnier than usual. But as usual, Hazuki talked forever... I was actually texting my sister and she was laughing saying "have fun listening to him talk again..." hahaha, we always complain about him talking. But, he was actually talking about upcoming tours and documentary and live dvd, also a best of album. Fuck, so much money to spend on them again. They're robbing me at this point but I can't complain.

They started their 1st encore with LIE (!!!!!), another song I've been dying to see them play. The rhythm guitar sounds so good live, I wish they would play it more. I was also glad they played a grateful shit, I haven't seen that since the first time I saw them too. They closed their first encore with LIGHTNING. 

Their second encore I could predict they were going to play NIGHT and finally close to A GLEAM IN EYE. I always love the live version of A GLEAM IN EYE too because they mix it with their single version and album version and it's so much  better. Gotta love this band.

Setlist :
00. SE
01. LAST NITE
02. I'm sick, b'cuz luv u.
03. GREED
04. -273.15C
05. DEVIL
06. THE FATAL HOUR HAS COME
07. I BELIEVE IN ME
08. 59.
09. THE BLASTED BACK BONE
10. JUDGEMENT
11. BALLAD
12. MAZE
13. an illusion
14. UNTIL I DIE
15. EVILLY
16. melt
17. forgiven
18. prominence
19. from the end
20. AMBIVALENT IDEAL
21. PHOENIX
22. GALLOWS
23. INVINCIBLE
24. VANISH
25. MIRRORS
26. ALL THIS I'LL GIVE YOU
27. unknown lost a beauty
28. pulse_
29. TIAMAT
30. ADORE
ENCORE 01.
31. LIE
32. discord number
33. a grateful shit
34. DAZZLE
35. LIGHTNING
ENCORE 02.
36. NIGHT
37. A GLEAM IN EYE
photo : music natalie
That's 37 songs in 3 hours. The longest show I have been to in my life. Thank god it's lynch., if it was anyone else I would have complained to no end. I wished they played GUILLOTINE, RING and EXODUS actually, but I can't ask for more because I've seen them play those a couple of times already. Also, even though its a special live, I felt like they played way better in Osaka and at their ABSOLUTE XANADU last at Shibuya AX. The crowd for this show was pretty mellow compared to the ones in Osaka and Nagoya. I enjoyed those way more. For some reason, absolute xanadu was crazier as well. I prefer the opening setlists from TO THE GALLOWS tour, maybe I'm crazy and just love all their really fast paced songs with crazy headbanging with a possibility to break my neck, haha.

 But I love them no less.

This band never ever fails to make me happy, they always play songs at the right time I want them to. I've grown up this year partly because of them too, but they are still here and I will always have their music for company when bad things happen. So, I will continue loving and supporting them. Everything their music is suits me almost too perfectly, their anniversary date - 27th, twenty seven is my favorite number. Them forever playing songs at the right time... so many times.

Sometimes I think they're just made for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment